- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Programs of Social Business Social Business Forum 2013
Several sessions and symposiums are going to be held at the Social Business Forum SBF-2013.
A session dedicated to women will be held on ‘breaking the glass ceiling: empowerment through social businesses. Former advisor to the caretaker government Rokia A Rahman is to chair program.
Other sessions will on ‘panacea for society: social business, health and environment’, ‘social business venture in Bangladesh: experience sharing’, workshop on ‘youth endearment and social business’.
A special session on social business in academia will be held in the afternoon in which leading academicians on social business from home and aboard are expected to participate.