- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Champion social business; resolve environmental challenges
Speakers at the session ‘Panacea for Society: Social Business, Health and Environment” of the Social Business 2013 say there is no alternative to consider the environmental issue at this modern age.
The values of social business can substantially support the causes of environment.
“Traditional business are polluting the environment in such a scale, that we are at the verge of serious vulnerability”, speakers opine at the session.
Dr. Sirajul Islam of North South University chaired the program while Mr. T. Adil Chowdhury, Country Director of Institute of Sustainable Communities was also present there.
Youth must strive for protecting the environment and take enterprises for environmental protection.