- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
We could not properly recognize the idea ‘social business’ - Commerce Minister
“The idea of Social Business has been acknowledged by the whole world. They are celebrating the idea for social development. But we are ashamed as we could not properly recognize it”.
Commerce Minister G M Quader says these at the Social Business Forum 2013 at North South University on Saturday.
The minister inaugurates the event.
While responding to the queries from the journalist about ‘conspiracy against social business’ the minister denies the concern.
“We should not attribute anything as conspiracy without substantial ground”.
“People are fans of Professor Yunus as he not only placed the theory of social business rather he has set the example”.
“Social business is the proper idea to eradicate poverty as it has been proved across the world”, says the minister.
“Taking too much profit is a social offence. Unfortunately we are experiencing bitter practice of the social offence in Bangladesh”, opines the Minister.
He says social business can remove the social practice of taking too much profit from businesses.
“The more we will be implementing social business the more the social offences will be eradicated from the society”, hopes G M Quader.
Referring to the point of corporate social responsibility, the minister says Social Business is the updated version of the CSR.