- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Global Social Business Summit ‘14 set to begin in Mexico
The four-day ‘Global Social Business Summit 2014’ is set to being in Mexico City on Tuesday (local time) to discuss innovative ways to fight social and economic problems through social business.
Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto are scheduled to inaugurate the Summit together, said a Yunus Centre Press Release.
Grameen Creative Lab and Yunus Centre are going to organise the annual event to be attended by experts from the private sector, civil society, governments and academia to set an impetus for the social business movement in Mexico, Latin America and elsewhere in the world.
The motto of this year's Summit is ‘Shaping Social Business - To Shape the World of 2020’.
The Global Social Business Summit is the leading forum for social business worldwide. It serves to spread awareness of social business, foster discussions and collaboration, as well as present and conceive best practices.
The gathering is an opportunity to meet, connect, discuss and collaborate with the global social business community with the purpose of developing effective solutions to solve society's most pressing problems, for example, unemployment.
Prof Muhammad Yunus will deliver a public speech on November 29 from 11 am to 2 pm at the Exhibit and Convention Center Expo Bancomer Santa Fe in Mexico City, the release added.