- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
President condoles ex-Archbishop Paulinus Costa’s death
President Abdul Hamid on Monday expressed deep shock at the death of Catholic spiritual guru Paulinus Costa.
In a condolence message, the President recalled his contributions to the country and the Christian community.
He prayed for the eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed his deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Paulinus Costa, who was Archbishop of the archdiocese of Dhaka from 2005 to October 22, 2011, died at a city hospital on Saturday at the age of 78.