- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Khaleda’s adviser Shamsuzzaman Dudu arrested
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia’s adviser Shamsuzzaman Dudu has been held from the city’s Mirpur area on Sunday night.
A team of Mirpur Police Station picked the BNP leader up from his vehicle at Jhute Palli in Mirpur-10 around 9:15pm, said BNP chairperson’s media wing member Sayrul Kabir Khan.
Khaleda's press wing, told reporters that police picked up Dudu from Mirpur on Sunday night.
Mirpur police OC Salauddin Ahmed on Sunday night has confirmed that police arrested Shamsuzzaman Dudu, also secretary of Jatiyatabadi Krishak Dal, a front organisation of BNP.
A number of top BNP leaders including acting secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir were arrested in previous week.
Dudu has been the spokesperson of BNP since 2013 when most of BNP's top leaders were in jail.
Police did not elaborate the reason for his arrest.
The arrest came amid the countrywide nonstop blockade enforced by the BNP-led 20-party alliance.