- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Woman strangulated to death in Jessore
A woman was strangulated to death allegedly by his husband in Khorki Kolabagan area of Jessore district town on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Rikta Begum, 23, wife of Babur Rahman, a resident of the area.
Police said Babur was a drug addict and locked into an altercation with his wife at night over taking money for buying drugs.
At one stage, Babur beat and strangulated her to death.
On information, police recovered the body and sent it to Jessore Hospital Morgue for autopsy.
Babul Akhter, sub-inspector of Kotwali Model Police confirmed the incident.
The body bore several injury marks, added the SI.
Babur went into hiding after the incident.