- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Woman strangulated to death in Jessore
A woman was strangulated to death allegedly by his husband in Khorki Kolabagan area of Jessore district town on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Rikta Begum, 23, wife of Babur Rahman, a resident of the area.
Police said Babur was a drug addict and locked into an altercation with his wife at night over taking money for buying drugs.
At one stage, Babur beat and strangulated her to death.
On information, police recovered the body and sent it to Jessore Hospital Morgue for autopsy.
Babul Akhter, sub-inspector of Kotwali Model Police confirmed the incident.
The body bore several injury marks, added the SI.
Babur went into hiding after the incident.