- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Woman strangulated to death in Jessore
A woman was strangulated to death allegedly by his husband in Khorki Kolabagan area of Jessore district town on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Rikta Begum, 23, wife of Babur Rahman, a resident of the area.
Police said Babur was a drug addict and locked into an altercation with his wife at night over taking money for buying drugs.
At one stage, Babur beat and strangulated her to death.
On information, police recovered the body and sent it to Jessore Hospital Morgue for autopsy.
Babul Akhter, sub-inspector of Kotwali Model Police confirmed the incident.
The body bore several injury marks, added the SI.
Babur went into hiding after the incident.