- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Woman strangulated to death in Jessore
A woman was strangulated to death allegedly by his husband in Khorki Kolabagan area of Jessore district town on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Rikta Begum, 23, wife of Babur Rahman, a resident of the area.
Police said Babur was a drug addict and locked into an altercation with his wife at night over taking money for buying drugs.
At one stage, Babur beat and strangulated her to death.
On information, police recovered the body and sent it to Jessore Hospital Morgue for autopsy.
Babul Akhter, sub-inspector of Kotwali Model Police confirmed the incident.
The body bore several injury marks, added the SI.
Babur went into hiding after the incident.