- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Woman strangulated to death in Jessore
A woman was strangulated to death allegedly by his husband in Khorki Kolabagan area of Jessore district town on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Rikta Begum, 23, wife of Babur Rahman, a resident of the area.
Police said Babur was a drug addict and locked into an altercation with his wife at night over taking money for buying drugs.
At one stage, Babur beat and strangulated her to death.
On information, police recovered the body and sent it to Jessore Hospital Morgue for autopsy.
Babul Akhter, sub-inspector of Kotwali Model Police confirmed the incident.
The body bore several injury marks, added the SI.
Babur went into hiding after the incident.