- Unknown youth killed in city bomb blast
- Infiltrators to be driven out of AL, says Quader
- 24 Bangladeshi nationals held in Satkhira
- Rajuk fines bank, hospital in residential area
- Nation worried over PM’s India tour: BNP
- IU CSE dept gets new chairman
- 3 DU students get ‘Prof Habiba Khatun Scholarship’
- No conspiracy against Bangladesh to work: PM
- Mufti Hannan to get 7 days for seeking mercy, says IG Prisons
- Work on Tk 20 cr water treatment plant going on in Khulna
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.