- Tigers win against Zimbabwe yet again
- Tribunal set to hand down Mobarak verdict Monday
- JMB terrorism surfaced in AL era: Fakhrul
- PM leaves for Nepal to attend Saarc Summit
- SC to order Monday on Khaleda’s leave-to-appeal
- Jamaat Chief Nizami challenges death penalty at SC
- Rab nabs Jubo Dal leader, 5 others over RU prof murder
- Two cases filed over BCL infighting at SUST
- If you’re friend, stop killing along border: NHRC chief to India
- Jaywalkers to face Tk 200 fine or six-month-imprisonment
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.