- EC to decide over demands of political parties Monday
- No risk in holding municipal polls: Home Minister
- BNP pushes for deferment of polls date by 15 days
- Warm clothes distributed at BAU
- DNCC mayor seeks cooperation in conducting eviction drive
- JP wants extension of nomination submission deadline
- AL for allowing MPs to join electioneering
- Khaleda to surrender in Niko case Monday
- Facebook ban to be withdrawn after law enforcers’ green signal: Palak
- 2 priests of Khulna churches get death threat
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.