- Pabna bus-auto collision kills 3, wounds 3
- Truck crushs a man to kill in Kushtia
- China stocks boosted by central bank action
- AL leader sues 100 BNP men over Monday’s attack on Khaleda
- Japan, US talks seeking compromise on farm, auto trade
- KKR bowlers hand DD ninth successive home loss
- ‘Terrorist’ caught in Benapole
- PM off to Indonesia to attend Asian-African Summit
- ‘Robber’ shot dead in Kushtia ‘gunfight’ with police
- Mother of Ukraine pilot jailed in Russia seeks global help
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.