- 2 suspected JMB members killed in Bogra 'gunfight'
- 7 cops injured in ‘gunfight’ with Indian terrorists in Sylhet border
- Kerry in city with packed schedule
- Proceedings of terrorist cases to be conducted thru videoconferencing: CJ
- 3 militants killed by bullets: say doctors after autopsy
- Tahmid denied bail again
- Habiganj kids killings: Charge framing deferred until Sept 1
- 3 children drown in B’baria
- JnU protesters come under attack
- 4 get life terms for 2003 murder in Comilla
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.