- 6 more charged by ICT for crimes in ‘71
- Project to rehabilitate embankments in the works
- Ecnec clears Tk 1040cr college education dev project
- Formal opening of Dhk-Ctg 4-lane highway Jul 2: Quader
- No letter from Germany over cargo security status change: Menon
- Cabinet clears draft deal on Rooppur nuke plant
- Babul picked up to facilitate quizzing of suspects: Minister
- Brexit: Cameron to face EU leaders after vote to leave
- Bombings claimed by IS killed 43 in southern Yemen
- Khaleda Zia is hallucinating: Nasim
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.