- Red alert issued along Benapole border
- 4 killed, 10 hurt in Gazipur road crashes
- JMB military wing chief Zabed killed in Ctg grenade blast
- Home, foreign ministers to brief diplomats on security situation
- Diplomats, UN agencies meet to discuss security situation; govt. briefing on Tuesday
- World Teachers’ Day observed
- Liton, Hannan dropped from NU colleges’ governing bodies
- Campbell, Omura, Tu win Nobel medicine prize
- We can fight emergence of ISIL in BD: US envoy
- 2 tourists, 2 guides ‘abducted’ in Rangamati
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.