- Amnesty Int’l Calls on Bangladesh to Reverse Death Sentence of Former Opposition Figure
- ‘We’ll certainly appeal against verdict ’, says Nizami’s lawyer
- Nizami verdict ‘most unjust, unhappy judgment’: defence lawyer
- ‘Nizami to be executed as soon as possible’ says Law minister
- Jamaat on fire, goes for 3-day-hartal, 5-day-program
- Jamaat calls 72-hr hartal from Thursday morning
- Nizami awarded death penalty
- Live update: Nizami verdict; crimes proved, says ICT-1
- Tribunal reeling off summary verdict
- Nizami produced before ICT-1, verdict shortly
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.