- Jamaat leader’s lawyer Tajul detained
- DRU worried at ex-ETV journo Sarwar’s arrest
- Civil society, freedom of speech under attack in BD: UN
- C’nawabganj arson victim dies at RMCH
- Police foil JCD procession at DU; 3 held
- India says it will act against BBC for airing banned film
- 1 arrested with 20 gold bars at Shahjalal Airport
- FBI team in Dhaka, meets DB officials
- Jamaat leader arrested in C’nawabganj
- Kamaruzzaman files review petition with SC
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.