- Flood situation in 3 dists improves
- Wage a social movement against militancy: Home Minister
- No IS in BD, but ghost of Jamaat: Law Minister
- Anti-militancy human chain in all universities on Aug 1
- Internet shoots Cox’s Bazar ‘disturbing’ boy to fame
- Will hunt down patrons of terror attacks: PM
- Former SUST VC Prof Dr Sadruddin Ahmed Chawdhury passes away
- No unity with instigators of militancy: Minister
- BNP accuses law enforcers of trying to foil its demo
- 10 die in Arial Khan trawler capsize
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.