- Kibria killing case: Court allows IO to quiz Mufti Hannan at jail gate
- Khaleda Zia is paying heavy price for wrong political strategy: Inu
- Tarique send legal notice to Hanif
- Graft case against Shahjahan Omar: SC allows ACC to appeal
- 10 rapist to be hanged for killing schoolgirl in Laxmipur
- 50 hurt in police-demonstrators clash in Manikganj
- Sirajganj clash leaves one dead
- Top taxpayers should be honored: Tofail Ahmed
- Siblings found dead in capital’s Uttara area
- Auto-rickshaw driver chopped to death in Gazipur
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.