- Girl gang raped in Benapole
- Saudi road crash kills 5 BD nationals
- Bangladeshis ‘sold as modern day slave’ unearthed in Thailand
- West Indies cricket plunged into deepest crisis as India suspend all bilateral series
- West Indies seeks urgent crisis talks with India
- Messi closes on record, helps Neymar lead Barca win over Ajax
- Prosecute Rab men responsible for assault on Limon: HRW to BD
- BNP leaders fail again to resolve JCD crisis
- Govt plotting to keep Khaleda out of politics: Fakhrul
- BD Embassy officials to meet Bangladeshis rescued in Thailand
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.