- ICT finalises probe report against 14 alleged war criminals
- PM to propose neutral persons for EC formation: Quader
- Moudud urges President to take another step for dialogue
- 5 to die for killing man in city
- BSF detains 2 Bangladeshi cattle traders
- 4 killed in road crashes in Gazipur, Rajbari
- Parliament’s New Year’s session begins
- Tk 237cr project taken to make rural women self-reliant
- JS selects panel of Speakers
- IBBL helps cold-affected population in Chandpur
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.