- Hamas and Israel agreed to a 12-hour humanitarian cease-fire
- Auto-rickshaw driver stabbed dead in Chittagong
- 2 cloth traders killed in Magura road crash
- Man killed by buffalo in Chittagong
- Khulna jute mill workers blockade roads, railways
- AL activist shot dead in Laxmipur
- MC College hostel arson: Probe report yet to be made public
- 135 sacks of fake fertiliser seized in Natore
- Bus-truck collision kills 2 in Pabna
- Drug peddler stabbed dead in Kushtia
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.