- IS State group radio claims Saudi mosque suicide attack
- Fatal road crash kills 10 in Sirajganj
- Indonesia claims most boat-people are Bangladeshis: Australia
- Myanmar should share responsibility for Rohingya crisis: US
- Schoolgirl drowns in Laxmipur
- Pakistan beat Zimbabwe in 1st Twenty20
- DU VC asks for ensuring security to all DU teachers
- 10 food items to help lose belly fat
- Top authors urge Bangladesh govt to halt blogger attacks
- Myanmar rescues 2 boats carrying 200 migrants
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.