- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.