- Tender floated for Rooppur nuke engineering survey
- BNP to probe oil spill in Sundarbans
- ‘I want questions from BGB,’ says PM
- PM praises BGB role in holding Jan-5 polls
- Political turmoil comes to fore yet again in Bangladesh
- BNP calls a half-day hartal in Bogra Saturday
- Modi reiterates to settle Land Boundary, Teesta Water Deal
- 67 militants killed in Pakistan after school massacre
- BNP calls half-day hartal in Bogra for Saturday
- Political parties need political space, says Mozena
20 percent Dearness Allowance gazette published
The government on Monday published a gazette providing 20 percent dearness allowance for the government officials and employees with effect from July 1.
The maximum pay hike for the government officials and employees would be around Tk 6,000 while the minimum TK 1,500, UNB reports.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced an interim pay hike for the public servants, saying that the government has decided to provide 20 percent dearness allowance to the government officials and employees apart from constituting a permanent pay commission.
The Prime Minister said her government, after assuming office this time, has increased the salaries of the government officials and employees and raised the retirement age in government service.
She also said the 8th wage board has been constituted for the journalists with the announcement of 75 percent increase in their salaries and allowances.