- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
5 Indian children, woman held in Noakhali
Police detained five Indian children and a woman from Basurhat municipality area in Companiganj upazila on Saturday midnight.
The detainees are Rehahan Begum, 45, wife of Bahar Ullah of Musapur union of Companiganj upazila and a resident of resident of Tripura state of India, Shamim, 8, Shahin, 7, Tawkin, 3, Nasrin, 3 and Wabayed, 1. They hail from Bhangarpar and Khilpara area of Tripura.
Police said when Rehena along with the five children was roaming around Basurhat modern hospital road area suspiciously around 11:30 pm local people informed police.
Later, police detained them.
Assistant police super of Sadar circle Nobojoti Khisha said it was known from the children that they were brought in Companiganj after kidnapping rom Ramkrishna thana area of Tripura.
However, Rehena claimed that all the children are her family members.
A case was filed with the police station under the Women and Children Repression Prevention Act.