- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
5 Indian children, woman held in Noakhali
Police detained five Indian children and a woman from Basurhat municipality area in Companiganj upazila on Saturday midnight.
The detainees are Rehahan Begum, 45, wife of Bahar Ullah of Musapur union of Companiganj upazila and a resident of resident of Tripura state of India, Shamim, 8, Shahin, 7, Tawkin, 3, Nasrin, 3 and Wabayed, 1. They hail from Bhangarpar and Khilpara area of Tripura.
Police said when Rehena along with the five children was roaming around Basurhat modern hospital road area suspiciously around 11:30 pm local people informed police.
Later, police detained them.
Assistant police super of Sadar circle Nobojoti Khisha said it was known from the children that they were brought in Companiganj after kidnapping rom Ramkrishna thana area of Tripura.
However, Rehena claimed that all the children are her family members.
A case was filed with the police station under the Women and Children Repression Prevention Act.