- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
5 Indian children, woman held in Noakhali
Police detained five Indian children and a woman from Basurhat municipality area in Companiganj upazila on Saturday midnight.
The detainees are Rehahan Begum, 45, wife of Bahar Ullah of Musapur union of Companiganj upazila and a resident of resident of Tripura state of India, Shamim, 8, Shahin, 7, Tawkin, 3, Nasrin, 3 and Wabayed, 1. They hail from Bhangarpar and Khilpara area of Tripura.
Police said when Rehena along with the five children was roaming around Basurhat modern hospital road area suspiciously around 11:30 pm local people informed police.
Later, police detained them.
Assistant police super of Sadar circle Nobojoti Khisha said it was known from the children that they were brought in Companiganj after kidnapping rom Ramkrishna thana area of Tripura.
However, Rehena claimed that all the children are her family members.
A case was filed with the police station under the Women and Children Repression Prevention Act.