- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
There is no truth in reports of rift between me and Aamir: Salman
BdChronicle Ent. Report:
Superstar Salman Khan has denied reports of a fallout with his contemporary and friend Aamir Khan, and heaped praise on the latter’s upcoming wrestling drama “Dangal”, calling its story beautiful.
The two stars, who have always put on a united front, were reported to have had a fight at a party a few months ago.
Also, a sense of tension between them has been long speculated over the plots of “Dangal” and Salman “Sultan”, which centres around a Haryanvi wrestler.
“There is no truth to these reports of rift between me and Aamir… You know how it gets written. There was nothing like that,” Salman told PTI.
The “Bajrangi Bhaijaan” actor said he would be upset if comparisons are made between the two movies as they are “very different” from each other.
“Both the films are very different. I know what Aamir is making. ‘Dangal’ has an amazing true story, about a father and his two kids… It is a lovely and an outstanding film. Mine is actually a romantic film. ‘Sultan’ is about sports and a man fighting to win over his life back again. There is no chance of comparison.
“We don’t want that comparison between my film and his because we both are working as sincerely as we can and we want fans to see two good films next year. I don’t want any ridiculous controversy around the films,” he said.
Apart from his bond with Aamir, Salman’s friendship with his “Karan Arjun” co-star Shah Rukh Khan is always in news. The duo, who had a fallout in 2008, are back being friends.
However, Salman fails to understand the reason behind the fan frenzy around the status of their friendship.
“There are more important things in the country to concentrate on than our friendship. People talk about friendship between me Aamir and Shah Rukh but don’t discuss important issues. We are just movie stars who are trying to do their work.”