- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
There is no truth in reports of rift between me and Aamir: Salman
BdChronicle Ent. Report:
Superstar Salman Khan has denied reports of a fallout with his contemporary and friend Aamir Khan, and heaped praise on the latter’s upcoming wrestling drama “Dangal”, calling its story beautiful.
The two stars, who have always put on a united front, were reported to have had a fight at a party a few months ago.
Also, a sense of tension between them has been long speculated over the plots of “Dangal” and Salman “Sultan”, which centres around a Haryanvi wrestler.
“There is no truth to these reports of rift between me and Aamir… You know how it gets written. There was nothing like that,” Salman told PTI.
The “Bajrangi Bhaijaan” actor said he would be upset if comparisons are made between the two movies as they are “very different” from each other.
“Both the films are very different. I know what Aamir is making. ‘Dangal’ has an amazing true story, about a father and his two kids… It is a lovely and an outstanding film. Mine is actually a romantic film. ‘Sultan’ is about sports and a man fighting to win over his life back again. There is no chance of comparison.
“We don’t want that comparison between my film and his because we both are working as sincerely as we can and we want fans to see two good films next year. I don’t want any ridiculous controversy around the films,” he said.
Apart from his bond with Aamir, Salman’s friendship with his “Karan Arjun” co-star Shah Rukh Khan is always in news. The duo, who had a fallout in 2008, are back being friends.
However, Salman fails to understand the reason behind the fan frenzy around the status of their friendship.
“There are more important things in the country to concentrate on than our friendship. People talk about friendship between me Aamir and Shah Rukh but don’t discuss important issues. We are just movie stars who are trying to do their work.”