- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Nothing better than a family film: Salman Khan
BdChronicle Ent. Report:
Superstar Salman Khan, who is riding high on the mammoth opening figures of 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo', says there cannot be anything better than a family film.
When asked about the fact that viewers had made it an agenda to watch the film with their entire family, Salman responded: "That should be the agenda for everyone. Nothing better than a family film."
The film has taken an amazing start at the box-office with more than Rs.40 crore already in the kitty on the first day. The makers claim that it was the highest opening figures of a Bollywood film.
He added: "I'll appreciate all the fans who went to the theatre already. So it's really nice of them.
"And all of them have loved the movie, from the feedback that I'm receiving from everyone. So it's a good feeling that after such a long time, a film like this has come and the numbers for the first day are really large."
He also said he, Helen and others close to him saw the film here on Thursday while his mother and sisters Alvira and Arpita saw it in London.
'Prem Ratan Dhan Payoa', directed by Sooraj Barjatya, also stars Sonam Kapoor, Anupam Kher, Swara Bhaskar, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Armaan Kohli among others.