- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
3,386 BD nationals remain detained abroad: Minister
Some 3,386 Bangladeshi nationals are now detained in various countries on charges of crimes, according to statistics provided by Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali in Parliament on Thursday.
The Bangladeshi citizens now remain detained as their trials are pending in the countries, he said replying to Jatiya Party MP AKM Mayeedul Islam (Kurigram-3).
According to the statistics, the highest 912 Bangladeshis remain detained in Oman, followed by 409 in the UK, 391 nationals in Saudi Arab, 332 in Bahrain, 307 in Thailand, 207 in the USA, 180 in Greece, 158 in Myanmar and 107 in Singapore.
Besides, 97 Bangladeshi nationals remain detained in Mexico, 42 in Jordan, 39 in Hong Kong, 34 in Nepal, 30 in Japan, 26 in Iran, 24 in Turkey, at least 22 in Pakistan, 11 in Sri Lanka, 9 in Kenya, 7 in Bulgaria, 6 in Maurisus, 4 in North Korea, 3 each in France and South Korea, 2 each in Belgium and Georgia, and 1 each in Sweden, Poland and Egypt.