- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
3,386 BD nationals remain detained abroad: Minister
Some 3,386 Bangladeshi nationals are now detained in various countries on charges of crimes, according to statistics provided by Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali in Parliament on Thursday.
The Bangladeshi citizens now remain detained as their trials are pending in the countries, he said replying to Jatiya Party MP AKM Mayeedul Islam (Kurigram-3).
According to the statistics, the highest 912 Bangladeshis remain detained in Oman, followed by 409 in the UK, 391 nationals in Saudi Arab, 332 in Bahrain, 307 in Thailand, 207 in the USA, 180 in Greece, 158 in Myanmar and 107 in Singapore.
Besides, 97 Bangladeshi nationals remain detained in Mexico, 42 in Jordan, 39 in Hong Kong, 34 in Nepal, 30 in Japan, 26 in Iran, 24 in Turkey, at least 22 in Pakistan, 11 in Sri Lanka, 9 in Kenya, 7 in Bulgaria, 6 in Maurisus, 4 in North Korea, 3 each in France and South Korea, 2 each in Belgium and Georgia, and 1 each in Sweden, Poland and Egypt.