- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Ranbir, Deepika fantastic actors and human beings: Shah Rukh Khan
BdChronicle Ent. Report:
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has hailed Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor as fantastic actors as well as human beings.
At a promotional event of their upcoming film “Tamasha”, the duo had dubbed the pair of Shah Rukh and Kajol as “palangtod”.
When asked about the remark, perceived as risque, Shah Rukh said, “I look gentle but I am not gentle. We are married people, so don’t talk like this. They (Ranbir and Deepika) are wonderful people, they are great co-actors. They are beautiful people. I read what they said. They have a big heart to say this”.
Shah Rukh and Kajol’s 1995 release “Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge” was a cult film which has been a chartbuster for many years.
“We have been here since over 20 years and we (Kajol and I) have tried to give our best. We don’t have this thought of working on it (chemistry). I think both (Ranbir and Deepika) on them are fantastic (sic),” he said.
That chemistry between Shah Rukh and Kajol is back with yet another love song, “Gerua” from Rohit Shetty’s upcoming entertainer, “Dilwale”, composed by Pritam, which the actor considers as the most special song from the album.
The 50-year-old actor said the makers of the film have made him look best on screen.
“I think director Rohit Shetty, Pritam who gave music, producers and all technicians put the best effort to make me look better on screen. They make me look like a lover, it’s good of them to do that,” he added.
Kajol, who was also present at the event, said there is no hidden secret behind the chemistry between herself and Shah Rukh.
“I think we just look at it as our job and we give our best,” she said.
Echoing her views, the actor said, “We never thought of doing it (chemistry) in a special way. We looked at it like an ordinary thing. Over the years people have asked us about chemistry. We don’t know how good we can be”.
Besides Shah Rukh and Kajol, Varun Dhawan will also be seen romancing in the film.
“Rohit is going to give us two tickets for Iceland. We will go there and play the song in Ipod and enjoy. I don’t think any actor thinks of recreating the magic they (Shah Rukh and Kajol) have. They have wonderful chemistry, they are best actors,” he said.