- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Muhith seeks more KSA support for dev projects
Finance Minister AMA Muhith has urged the Saudi Arabian government to provide more funding for projects in Bangladesh as well as recruit quality manpower from here for the benefits of both countries.
The Finance Minister made the request when he met his KSA counterpart Dr Ibrahim bin Abdulaziz Al-Assaf in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday.
Agreeing to consider these proposals from Muhith, the Saudi Finance Minister underlined the need for regular and increased interaction between businessmen of both the countries to enhance better understanding for promotion of trade and investment.
During the meeting, both Ministers agreed to explore investment and trade opportunities through sharing experiences, funding and training between both countries for the betterment of citizens of both nations.
The Saudi Finance Minister also expressed his country's willingness to expand trade and investment with Bangladesh for mutual benefits.
Both agreed to increase import of quality products such as RMG, medicine from Bangladesh to KSA. It was also discussed in the meeting that a branch of a commercial Bank of Bangladesh could be opened in KSA which would be helpful to promote businesses between two countries.
The Finance Minister will have a meeting with Islamic Development Bank (IDB) President on Thursday evening and will sign a Headquarters Agreement between Bangladesh and IDB to set up IDB office in Dhaka.
The Finance Minister and his delegation reached Riyadh King Khaled International Airport on Monday evening.