- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Muhith seeks more KSA support for dev projects
Finance Minister AMA Muhith has urged the Saudi Arabian government to provide more funding for projects in Bangladesh as well as recruit quality manpower from here for the benefits of both countries.
The Finance Minister made the request when he met his KSA counterpart Dr Ibrahim bin Abdulaziz Al-Assaf in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday.
Agreeing to consider these proposals from Muhith, the Saudi Finance Minister underlined the need for regular and increased interaction between businessmen of both the countries to enhance better understanding for promotion of trade and investment.
During the meeting, both Ministers agreed to explore investment and trade opportunities through sharing experiences, funding and training between both countries for the betterment of citizens of both nations.
The Saudi Finance Minister also expressed his country's willingness to expand trade and investment with Bangladesh for mutual benefits.
Both agreed to increase import of quality products such as RMG, medicine from Bangladesh to KSA. It was also discussed in the meeting that a branch of a commercial Bank of Bangladesh could be opened in KSA which would be helpful to promote businesses between two countries.
The Finance Minister will have a meeting with Islamic Development Bank (IDB) President on Thursday evening and will sign a Headquarters Agreement between Bangladesh and IDB to set up IDB office in Dhaka.
The Finance Minister and his delegation reached Riyadh King Khaled International Airport on Monday evening.