- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
World Puppet Theatre Day observed at BSA
Drama and Film Department of Bangladesh Shilpokola Academy (BSA) on Monday observed the World Puppet Theatre Day.
Many programs such as workshops, open discussions, awards to the artists Ceremony were held on the occasion.
Eminent artist Mostofa Monowar as chief guest said this is a very different show. “We have almost lost this special puppet to practice the big matter. It is our duty to protect this heritage.”
Inspiring the artists he added puppets can speak up against injustice. This is a medium of expression in which artists should continue without listening to criticism.
Artist Abdul Kuddus was awarded as World Puppet Theatre 2016 and the invited puppeteer Jarina Begum, Khelu Mia, and Boloram Rajbonshi shared their experiences.
A workshop and an open puppet exhibition was held in the afternoon with the direction and presentation of JolPutul Puppet Team with the participation of the general, special people and the helpless children.
Alongside discussion on Puppet Theatre Day, prize giving ceremony for the contribution in this area was also held at Experimental Hall of BSA.
Professor of the Theatre and Performances department of University of Dhaka Syed Jamil Ahmed said puppet show and Jatra are on the road to extinction. To promote this, organized measure is a must.