- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
World Puppet Theatre Day observed at BSA
Drama and Film Department of Bangladesh Shilpokola Academy (BSA) on Monday observed the World Puppet Theatre Day.
Many programs such as workshops, open discussions, awards to the artists Ceremony were held on the occasion.
Eminent artist Mostofa Monowar as chief guest said this is a very different show. “We have almost lost this special puppet to practice the big matter. It is our duty to protect this heritage.”
Inspiring the artists he added puppets can speak up against injustice. This is a medium of expression in which artists should continue without listening to criticism.
Artist Abdul Kuddus was awarded as World Puppet Theatre 2016 and the invited puppeteer Jarina Begum, Khelu Mia, and Boloram Rajbonshi shared their experiences.
A workshop and an open puppet exhibition was held in the afternoon with the direction and presentation of JolPutul Puppet Team with the participation of the general, special people and the helpless children.
Alongside discussion on Puppet Theatre Day, prize giving ceremony for the contribution in this area was also held at Experimental Hall of BSA.
Professor of the Theatre and Performances department of University of Dhaka Syed Jamil Ahmed said puppet show and Jatra are on the road to extinction. To promote this, organized measure is a must.