- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Motorcycle registration fee reduced
The government on Monday reduced the registration fees of motorcycle through re-fixing its rate, reports Bike BD.
Bangladesh Road Transport Authority (BRTA) issued a notification in this regard.
According to the notification, the owners of 100cc motorcycles (weighing 90 kg without fuel) will have to pay Tk 9,313 instead of Tk 13,913 as registration cost while owners of motorcycles over 100 cc (weighing over 90 kg without fuel) will have to pay Tk 12,073 instead of Tk 21,273.
BRTA sources said the number of registered motorcycles in the country is now 12.51 lakh.