- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Musical show marking end of spring held
A different kind of musical programme was held at the Shilpakala Academy in the city on Friday to bid adieu to the spring, the season of rebirth.
The Shilpakala Academy and Jatiya Rabindra Sangeet Sammilian Parishad jointly organised the programme -- ‘Jabar agee, Rangiye dao’ (colour us before your departure).
Several singers performed at the show. Two group dances titled ‘Bhabna’ and ‘Nritaanondon’ were also performed on the occasion.
Artistes Dalia Ahmed and Belayet Hossen recited poems at the function.