- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Khaleda to join Baishakh event at Nayapaltan
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia will go to her party’s Nayapaltan central office on Thursday to attend a programme to be arranged by its cultural wing to celebrate the Pahela Baishakh.
Jatiyatabadi Samajik Sangskritik Sangstha (Jasas) will arrange a discussion and cultural programme in front of BNP’s Nayapaltan central office to celebrate the Bangla New Year 1423, said a press release on Wednesday, reports UNB.
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia will be present as the chief guest at the programme scheduled to begin at 2pm, the release added.
The BNP chairperson had also joined a similar programme last year in front of the BNP office.
Contacted, Jasas general secretary and singer Monir Khan said they got permission from the Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) authorities for holding the programme at Nayapaltan.
He said they will conclude the programme around 4:45 pm as there is a ban imposed by the DMP on continuation Pahela Baishakh celebration programmes after 5pm.