- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Khaleda to join Baishakh event at Nayapaltan
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia will go to her party’s Nayapaltan central office on Thursday to attend a programme to be arranged by its cultural wing to celebrate the Pahela Baishakh.
Jatiyatabadi Samajik Sangskritik Sangstha (Jasas) will arrange a discussion and cultural programme in front of BNP’s Nayapaltan central office to celebrate the Bangla New Year 1423, said a press release on Wednesday, reports UNB.
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia will be present as the chief guest at the programme scheduled to begin at 2pm, the release added.
The BNP chairperson had also joined a similar programme last year in front of the BNP office.
Contacted, Jasas general secretary and singer Monir Khan said they got permission from the Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) authorities for holding the programme at Nayapaltan.
He said they will conclude the programme around 4:45 pm as there is a ban imposed by the DMP on continuation Pahela Baishakh celebration programmes after 5pm.