- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Eating out this Baishakh
As the nation is gearing itself up for embracing Pohela Boishakh on Thursday, you can be sure to expect an enormous turnout in places such as Dhaka University, Shahbagh and adjacent areas. Colourful processions, fairs, cultural fests and concerts will keep you all engrossed throughout the day.
Food is something that everyone will look forward to. But unlike the previous years, there is a good chance that makeshift outdoor establishments shall not be as popular, given the intense heat wave and preposterous prices they fix on mediocre meals.
But have no fear. This is your hands-on guide to the best Boishakhi food offers Dhaka has to offer. The prices may be a bit steep, but then again, it is a festival and money is sure to be spent, albeit on food. From local delicacies to fusion cuisine, the restaurants are dedicated to stimulating your taste-buds.
Expect mad rush and restaurant-hopping due to high customer turnouts, so this might be a good time to exercise perseverance. Pre-booking is also a great way not to spoil your mood throughout the first day of the New Year.