- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Eating out this Baishakh
As the nation is gearing itself up for embracing Pohela Boishakh on Thursday, you can be sure to expect an enormous turnout in places such as Dhaka University, Shahbagh and adjacent areas. Colourful processions, fairs, cultural fests and concerts will keep you all engrossed throughout the day.
Food is something that everyone will look forward to. But unlike the previous years, there is a good chance that makeshift outdoor establishments shall not be as popular, given the intense heat wave and preposterous prices they fix on mediocre meals.
But have no fear. This is your hands-on guide to the best Boishakhi food offers Dhaka has to offer. The prices may be a bit steep, but then again, it is a festival and money is sure to be spent, albeit on food. From local delicacies to fusion cuisine, the restaurants are dedicated to stimulating your taste-buds.
Expect mad rush and restaurant-hopping due to high customer turnouts, so this might be a good time to exercise perseverance. Pre-booking is also a great way not to spoil your mood throughout the first day of the New Year.