- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
3 get 1 year for stealing Biman aircraft fuel
Three people, including two employees of Biman Bangladesh Airlines, were sentenced to one year’s imprisonment on Friday on charge of stealing fuel from a aircraft of the national flag carrier.
Sharif Md Farhad, Executive Magistrate of Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, told UNB that Biman security guards caught red-handed its two Ground Service Equipment staff -- Sajidur Rahman and Mushfique -- and Jet Airways driver Abu Salek around 11am while they were stealing fuel from an aircraft inside the airport.
Later, the executive magistrate of the airport Farhad conducted a mobile court and sentenced them to one year’s imprisonment.