- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
3 get 1 year for stealing Biman aircraft fuel
Three people, including two employees of Biman Bangladesh Airlines, were sentenced to one year’s imprisonment on Friday on charge of stealing fuel from a aircraft of the national flag carrier.
Sharif Md Farhad, Executive Magistrate of Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, told UNB that Biman security guards caught red-handed its two Ground Service Equipment staff -- Sajidur Rahman and Mushfique -- and Jet Airways driver Abu Salek around 11am while they were stealing fuel from an aircraft inside the airport.
Later, the executive magistrate of the airport Farhad conducted a mobile court and sentenced them to one year’s imprisonment.