- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Syed Haq flown to London for treatment
Eminent writer Syed Shamsul Haq was taken to London on Friday for the treatment of his lung disease.
President of Jatiya Kabita Parishad Dr.Muhammad Samad told UNB on Saturday that the prolific writer and poet was admitted to Royal Marsden Hospital in London as he has been suffering from critical lungs disease.
Syed Shamsul Haq has been acclaimed as on of the very few ambidextrous writers, expressing his genius through poems, short stories, novels, plays, adaptation of plays, and cinema scripts.
He was born in Kurigram on December 27 in 1935. He had already been honoured with the Bangla Academy Award and Ekushey Padak.