- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
101-year-old Florida woman gets second chance at prom
A 101-year-old Florida woman is getting a second chance at prom.
Eleanor Bessin says she attended her prom on a boat in Boston with a man she had been planning to marry. However, he went off to serve in World War II, and when he returned, he developed cancer and died. She still carries his picture.
Student government leaders from TERRA High School are setting up the dance for about 75 seniors at the Palace Nursing & Rehab. Nursing home staff will vote for a prom king and queen during Thursday's prom.
Resident Sadie Gilbert, 86, says she was never invited to her high school prom but will now get the chance to attend.