- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
101-year-old Florida woman gets second chance at prom
A 101-year-old Florida woman is getting a second chance at prom.
Eleanor Bessin says she attended her prom on a boat in Boston with a man she had been planning to marry. However, he went off to serve in World War II, and when he returned, he developed cancer and died. She still carries his picture.
Student government leaders from TERRA High School are setting up the dance for about 75 seniors at the Palace Nursing & Rehab. Nursing home staff will vote for a prom king and queen during Thursday's prom.
Resident Sadie Gilbert, 86, says she was never invited to her high school prom but will now get the chance to attend.