- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Cabinet purchase body approves 11.3mn barrels petroleum import in 2016
The government will purchase about 11.3 million barrels of petroleum through open international tender during the current calendar year.
The Cabinet Purchase Committee, in a meeting chaired by its head Finance Minister AMA Muhith, gave the approval to a number of tender proposals in this regard.
This is the first time in decades that Bangladesh government is going to import the petroleum fuel through open tender method.
The committee also approved another 7 proposals on different procurement issues.
According to the proposal placed by the Energy Division for import of fuel, two Singapore-based companies, which won the tenders, will supply 9.85 million barrels of diesel and 1.44 million barrels of Jet A-1 fuel under two groups.
Under group -A, Singapore-based Emirates National Oil Company will supply 4.923 million barrels of diesel and 80,000 barrels of Jet A-1 fuel while Unipec Singapore Pte Ltd will supply another 4.923 million barrels of diesel and 640,000 barrels of Jet A-1 fuels under group-B
For the import of diesel, the premium was fixed at $2.375 per barrel for group-A and $2.57 per barrel for Group -B.
For import of Jet A-1 fuel, the premium was fixed at $3.54 barrel for Group-A and $3.06 per barrel for Group -B.