- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
3-day Bharatantyam dance ends in city Saturday
A three-day long celebration of Bharatantyam titled ‘Dance Programme for Dhaka by Leela Samson and Spanda’ will end here on Saturday.
Shadhona and Shristi organised the special dance programme in association with Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy supported by Charuta and Kazi and Kazi Tea.
The opening ceremony and the first performance of the series were held at the Shilpakal Academy. Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor inaugurated the dance programme that began on Thursday.
The second show was held at the National Museum on Friday while the last one and the closing ceremony will be held at Shilpakala Academy on Saturday.
Leela Samson is a dancer, teacher, writer and choreographer of Bharatantyam.