- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
3-day Bharatantyam dance ends in city Saturday
A three-day long celebration of Bharatantyam titled ‘Dance Programme for Dhaka by Leela Samson and Spanda’ will end here on Saturday.
Shadhona and Shristi organised the special dance programme in association with Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy supported by Charuta and Kazi and Kazi Tea.
The opening ceremony and the first performance of the series were held at the Shilpakal Academy. Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor inaugurated the dance programme that began on Thursday.
The second show was held at the National Museum on Friday while the last one and the closing ceremony will be held at Shilpakala Academy on Saturday.
Leela Samson is a dancer, teacher, writer and choreographer of Bharatantyam.