- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
3-day Bharatantyam dance ends in city Saturday
A three-day long celebration of Bharatantyam titled ‘Dance Programme for Dhaka by Leela Samson and Spanda’ will end here on Saturday.
Shadhona and Shristi organised the special dance programme in association with Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy supported by Charuta and Kazi and Kazi Tea.
The opening ceremony and the first performance of the series were held at the Shilpakal Academy. Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor inaugurated the dance programme that began on Thursday.
The second show was held at the National Museum on Friday while the last one and the closing ceremony will be held at Shilpakala Academy on Saturday.
Leela Samson is a dancer, teacher, writer and choreographer of Bharatantyam.