- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Restaurant Week set to sizzle foodies' palate
Dhaka Foodies, Bangladesh's premier culinary startup, is gearing up to entice the city's food lovers for Dhaka Restaurant Week 2016 from May 5.
A concept that is popular in major cities around the world, Restaurant Week is slated to be held till May 14, where foodies can visit specific restaurants across the city and avail themselves of a restaurant's signature dishes compiled into a platter.
The prices of these platters are fixed, ranging from Tk 499, Tk 999, Tk 1499 to Tk 2499, including all the additional costs.
"Restaurant Week is not just about foodies going to restaurants they frequently visit, it's rather trying out places where they have not been to," said Syed Ashiqur Rahman, founder of Dhaka Foodies.
He added that the price, the signature dishes and the preparation by restaurants makes visiting more worthwhile.
Customers can digitally review the platters in social media or on the Dhaka Foodies' website and let everyone know about their experiences with a hashtag #DhakaRW2016.
The event is presented by Grameenphone, powered by Sepnil, with the Daily Star and ABC Radio as associate partners. Le Meridien Dhaka is their premium partner.