- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
7 to be awarded Shilpakala Padak
Bangladesh Shipakala Academy (BSA) announced the names of seven artists to be honoured on 5th May for 'Shilpakala Padak-2015' who contributed to the development of Drama, Music, Dance, Recitation, photography and painting.
Director General Liaquat Ali Lucky briefed about the program in a press conference held at the Seminar Room of BSA.
President Abdul Hamid will present as chief guest in the program at National Nattyashala auditorium of BSA while Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor will be present as special guest. DG Liaquat Ali will deliver inaugural speech while Secretary of Cultural Affairs Minister Aktari Momtaj will preside over the ceremony.
Seven artists are Saleha Chowdhury( Dance), Nadira Begum( Folklore), Kazi Borhan Uddin ( Drama), Sujey Sham(Instrument ), Nikhil Sen ( Recitation), Syed Abul Bark Alvi( Fine Arts), Mihir Kumar Nandi( Music).
A cultural program will be held at the end of the event and three group dances will be performed under direction of Shibli and Nipa in the program too.