- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
7 to be awarded Shilpakala Padak
Bangladesh Shipakala Academy (BSA) announced the names of seven artists to be honoured on 5th May for 'Shilpakala Padak-2015' who contributed to the development of Drama, Music, Dance, Recitation, photography and painting.
Director General Liaquat Ali Lucky briefed about the program in a press conference held at the Seminar Room of BSA.
President Abdul Hamid will present as chief guest in the program at National Nattyashala auditorium of BSA while Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor will be present as special guest. DG Liaquat Ali will deliver inaugural speech while Secretary of Cultural Affairs Minister Aktari Momtaj will preside over the ceremony.
Seven artists are Saleha Chowdhury( Dance), Nadira Begum( Folklore), Kazi Borhan Uddin ( Drama), Sujey Sham(Instrument ), Nikhil Sen ( Recitation), Syed Abul Bark Alvi( Fine Arts), Mihir Kumar Nandi( Music).
A cultural program will be held at the end of the event and three group dances will be performed under direction of Shibli and Nipa in the program too.