- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
7 to be awarded Shilpakala Padak
Bangladesh Shipakala Academy (BSA) announced the names of seven artists to be honoured on 5th May for 'Shilpakala Padak-2015' who contributed to the development of Drama, Music, Dance, Recitation, photography and painting.
Director General Liaquat Ali Lucky briefed about the program in a press conference held at the Seminar Room of BSA.
President Abdul Hamid will present as chief guest in the program at National Nattyashala auditorium of BSA while Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor will be present as special guest. DG Liaquat Ali will deliver inaugural speech while Secretary of Cultural Affairs Minister Aktari Momtaj will preside over the ceremony.
Seven artists are Saleha Chowdhury( Dance), Nadira Begum( Folklore), Kazi Borhan Uddin ( Drama), Sujey Sham(Instrument ), Nikhil Sen ( Recitation), Syed Abul Bark Alvi( Fine Arts), Mihir Kumar Nandi( Music).
A cultural program will be held at the end of the event and three group dances will be performed under direction of Shibli and Nipa in the program too.