- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
7 to be awarded Shilpakala Padak
Bangladesh Shipakala Academy (BSA) announced the names of seven artists to be honoured on 5th May for 'Shilpakala Padak-2015' who contributed to the development of Drama, Music, Dance, Recitation, photography and painting.
Director General Liaquat Ali Lucky briefed about the program in a press conference held at the Seminar Room of BSA.
President Abdul Hamid will present as chief guest in the program at National Nattyashala auditorium of BSA while Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor will be present as special guest. DG Liaquat Ali will deliver inaugural speech while Secretary of Cultural Affairs Minister Aktari Momtaj will preside over the ceremony.
Seven artists are Saleha Chowdhury( Dance), Nadira Begum( Folklore), Kazi Borhan Uddin ( Drama), Sujey Sham(Instrument ), Nikhil Sen ( Recitation), Syed Abul Bark Alvi( Fine Arts), Mihir Kumar Nandi( Music).
A cultural program will be held at the end of the event and three group dances will be performed under direction of Shibli and Nipa in the program too.