- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
2,000 LED-tagged pigeons stage show in NYC sky
New York, BdChronicle:
New York is staging a show with 2,000 pigeons tagged with LED lights illuminating the city's night sky.
The spectacle, called "Fly by Night," is premiering Thursday over the East River that separates Manhattan from Brooklyn.
The birds were released at sunset from coops aboard a former aircraft carrier docked at the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
The flock improvises its own choreography, swooping, twirling and gliding through the sky to create the 30-minute show.
The pigeon performance is the brainchild of artist Duke Riley. He compares it to a shooting star crossing the New York skyline.
The LED lights are attached to a bird's leg and remote-controlled.
The spectacle runs each weekend through June 12. It's free of charge but requires online reservations.