- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
2,000 LED-tagged pigeons stage show in NYC sky
New York, BdChronicle:
New York is staging a show with 2,000 pigeons tagged with LED lights illuminating the city's night sky.
The spectacle, called "Fly by Night," is premiering Thursday over the East River that separates Manhattan from Brooklyn.
The birds were released at sunset from coops aboard a former aircraft carrier docked at the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
The flock improvises its own choreography, swooping, twirling and gliding through the sky to create the 30-minute show.
The pigeon performance is the brainchild of artist Duke Riley. He compares it to a shooting star crossing the New York skyline.
The LED lights are attached to a bird's leg and remote-controlled.
The spectacle runs each weekend through June 12. It's free of charge but requires online reservations.