- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
I-Lab inaugurated at DU
With an objective of addressing various social challenges and creating and developing businesses through innovation in the country, Dhaka University (DU) inaugurated a common platform titled ‘DU Innovation and Incubation Lab (DU I-Lab)’ for the students on Friday.
DU Vice Chancellor Dr AAMS Arefin Siddique inaugurated the lab at 4pm on Friday.
The mission of the lab is to become a center of excellence for collaboration of innovation and entrepreneurship to incubate ideas, initiatives and business, promising to elevate the nation’s social and economic life with all essential supports.
Addressing the occasion, Prof Dr AAMS Arefin Siddique said, “Students will get a platform here to generate and develop their ideas and it will help to raise awareness on the role of innovation in the socio-economic development of Bangladesh”.
Md Rashedur Rahman, director of the I-Lab as well as the Asstt Prof of the Department of International Business, said the idea of the I-Lab is inspired by that of Harvard University of the United States of America (USA).
The lab will encourage the students, faculty members and the employees of the public and private universities in Bangladesh towards innovative and creative thinking through its research, training and counseling, networking and advocacy works on innovation.