- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
RU teacher receives death threat
Barely two weeks into the gruesome murder of Prof AFM Rezaul Karim Siddiquee, another teacher of Rajshahi University (RU) received death threat on Sunday afternoon.
Mahbub Alam Pradip, an assistant professor at the RU Public Administration Department, said he received a call from +8177479 number over his mobile phone around 3pm when the caller threatened to kill him very soon.
He said the anonymous caller told him: “You’re finished. You’re doing excesses…wait.”
The teacher filed a general diary (GD) with Matihar Police Station in this connection, said officer-in-charge of the police station Humayun Kabir.
Earlier on April 23, Prof Rezaul Karim, 58, of the RU English Department, was killed by miscreants in the city's Shalbagan area.
Besides, on May 2, militant outfit Islami Liberation Front (ILF) sent a letter to Natore Press Club threatening to kill 10 noted personalities of Rajshahi division, including the Vice Chancellor of RU, Member of Parliament, political leader and journalists.