- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
RU teacher receives death threat
Barely two weeks into the gruesome murder of Prof AFM Rezaul Karim Siddiquee, another teacher of Rajshahi University (RU) received death threat on Sunday afternoon.
Mahbub Alam Pradip, an assistant professor at the RU Public Administration Department, said he received a call from +8177479 number over his mobile phone around 3pm when the caller threatened to kill him very soon.
He said the anonymous caller told him: “You’re finished. You’re doing excesses…wait.”
The teacher filed a general diary (GD) with Matihar Police Station in this connection, said officer-in-charge of the police station Humayun Kabir.
Earlier on April 23, Prof Rezaul Karim, 58, of the RU English Department, was killed by miscreants in the city's Shalbagan area.
Besides, on May 2, militant outfit Islami Liberation Front (ILF) sent a letter to Natore Press Club threatening to kill 10 noted personalities of Rajshahi division, including the Vice Chancellor of RU, Member of Parliament, political leader and journalists.