- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
RU teacher receives death threat
Barely two weeks into the gruesome murder of Prof AFM Rezaul Karim Siddiquee, another teacher of Rajshahi University (RU) received death threat on Sunday afternoon.
Mahbub Alam Pradip, an assistant professor at the RU Public Administration Department, said he received a call from +8177479 number over his mobile phone around 3pm when the caller threatened to kill him very soon.
He said the anonymous caller told him: “You’re finished. You’re doing excesses…wait.”
The teacher filed a general diary (GD) with Matihar Police Station in this connection, said officer-in-charge of the police station Humayun Kabir.
Earlier on April 23, Prof Rezaul Karim, 58, of the RU English Department, was killed by miscreants in the city's Shalbagan area.
Besides, on May 2, militant outfit Islami Liberation Front (ILF) sent a letter to Natore Press Club threatening to kill 10 noted personalities of Rajshahi division, including the Vice Chancellor of RU, Member of Parliament, political leader and journalists.