- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
SUST student found dead
Police recovered the hanging body of a student of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) from a mess in Borgul area adjacent to the campus on Saturday night.
The deceased was identified as Biswajit Mallik, a 2nd year student of Forestry and Environment Science Department of the university. He hailed from Sirajdikhan upazila of Munshiganj district.
Other members of ‘Surma Nir Mess’ said that they found Biswajit’s room locked from inside at night and did not get any response.
Later, they informed the matter to the university administration and police.
Police rushed to spot and recovered the body after breaking open the door around 11:30pm, said Akhter Hossain, officer-in-charge of Jalalabad police station.
Meanwhile, students of the department locked the office of the university proctor around 9am protesting negligence of duty of the university administration, proctorial body and teachers of the department.
They also demanded proper investigation into the incident.