- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
SUST student found dead
Police recovered the hanging body of a student of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) from a mess in Borgul area adjacent to the campus on Saturday night.
The deceased was identified as Biswajit Mallik, a 2nd year student of Forestry and Environment Science Department of the university. He hailed from Sirajdikhan upazila of Munshiganj district.
Other members of ‘Surma Nir Mess’ said that they found Biswajit’s room locked from inside at night and did not get any response.
Later, they informed the matter to the university administration and police.
Police rushed to spot and recovered the body after breaking open the door around 11:30pm, said Akhter Hossain, officer-in-charge of Jalalabad police station.
Meanwhile, students of the department locked the office of the university proctor around 9am protesting negligence of duty of the university administration, proctorial body and teachers of the department.
They also demanded proper investigation into the incident.