- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
SUST student found dead
Police recovered the hanging body of a student of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) from a mess in Borgul area adjacent to the campus on Saturday night.
The deceased was identified as Biswajit Mallik, a 2nd year student of Forestry and Environment Science Department of the university. He hailed from Sirajdikhan upazila of Munshiganj district.
Other members of ‘Surma Nir Mess’ said that they found Biswajit’s room locked from inside at night and did not get any response.
Later, they informed the matter to the university administration and police.
Police rushed to spot and recovered the body after breaking open the door around 11:30pm, said Akhter Hossain, officer-in-charge of Jalalabad police station.
Meanwhile, students of the department locked the office of the university proctor around 9am protesting negligence of duty of the university administration, proctorial body and teachers of the department.
They also demanded proper investigation into the incident.