- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Japanese university delegation calls on UGC chairman
A 3-member delegation from Nara Women’s University, Japan called on Bangladesh University Grants Commission (UGC) Chairman Prof Abdul Mannan at the latter’s office on Monday.
President of the Nara Women’s University Dr Haruki Imaoka led the visiting delegation, said a UGC release.
During the meeting, various aspects of higher education including women’s education, curriculum, syllabus and academic and research collaboration came up for discussion.