- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Thursday’s HSC exams shifted to May 20
The Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) and its equivalent examinations scheduled for May 12 have been shifted to May 20 due to a daylong hartal called by Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami.
Mahbubur Rahman, chairman of Dhaka Education Board, said the exams will begin from 9 am instead of 10 am while the second shift exams will begin from 2:30 pm on the day.
Earlier on Tuesday night, Jamaat-e-Islami called a 24-hour countrywide hartal for Thursday protesting the execution of its ameer and war criminal Motiur Rahman Nizami.