- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Thursday’s HSC exams shifted to May 20
The Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) and its equivalent examinations scheduled for May 12 have been shifted to May 20 due to a daylong hartal called by Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami.
Mahbubur Rahman, chairman of Dhaka Education Board, said the exams will begin from 9 am instead of 10 am while the second shift exams will begin from 2:30 pm on the day.
Earlier on Tuesday night, Jamaat-e-Islami called a 24-hour countrywide hartal for Thursday protesting the execution of its ameer and war criminal Motiur Rahman Nizami.