- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Thursday’s HSC exams shifted to May 20
The Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) and its equivalent examinations scheduled for May 12 have been shifted to May 20 due to a daylong hartal called by Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami.
Mahbubur Rahman, chairman of Dhaka Education Board, said the exams will begin from 9 am instead of 10 am while the second shift exams will begin from 2:30 pm on the day.
Earlier on Tuesday night, Jamaat-e-Islami called a 24-hour countrywide hartal for Thursday protesting the execution of its ameer and war criminal Motiur Rahman Nizami.