- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
RU teacher killing: Nasim finds administrative weakness
Health Minister Mohammed Nasim on Sunday observed that the murder of Rajshahi University (RU) teacher Prof AFM Rezaul Karim Siddiquee took place due to the administrative weakness.
Addressing at a solidarity meeting organised by RU Teachers’ Association (Ruta) at the university Senate Bhaban, he, however, assured the teachers of bringing the killers to book.
“There’re some lapses in the local and field level administration. Or else, this type of murder would not happen. I won’t disagree that this is our failure,” Nasim said.
He also urged the district administration to discharge their duties defying all fears.
Noting that people are more powerful than the administration, Nasim, also a presidium member of ruling Awami League, underscored the need for forging unity among them, saying they can compel the administration to do their work during any crisis.
Former Industries Minister Dilip Barua and Ruta President Prof Shaidullah were, among others, present at the meeting.
Earlier on Saturday, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan, Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid, State Minister for Foreign Affairs M Shahriar Alam and Inspector General of Police AKM Shahidul Hoque visited the home of slain RU Prof AFM Rezaul Karim.