- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
RU teacher killing: Nasim finds administrative weakness
Health Minister Mohammed Nasim on Sunday observed that the murder of Rajshahi University (RU) teacher Prof AFM Rezaul Karim Siddiquee took place due to the administrative weakness.
Addressing at a solidarity meeting organised by RU Teachers’ Association (Ruta) at the university Senate Bhaban, he, however, assured the teachers of bringing the killers to book.
“There’re some lapses in the local and field level administration. Or else, this type of murder would not happen. I won’t disagree that this is our failure,” Nasim said.
He also urged the district administration to discharge their duties defying all fears.
Noting that people are more powerful than the administration, Nasim, also a presidium member of ruling Awami League, underscored the need for forging unity among them, saying they can compel the administration to do their work during any crisis.
Former Industries Minister Dilip Barua and Ruta President Prof Shaidullah were, among others, present at the meeting.
Earlier on Saturday, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan, Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid, State Minister for Foreign Affairs M Shahriar Alam and Inspector General of Police AKM Shahidul Hoque visited the home of slain RU Prof AFM Rezaul Karim.