- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Tauquir-Bipasha and entourage represent BD at Canne
‘A wonderful celebration of films on our first day at Cannes’ – actor Tauquir Ahmed posted on his Facebook profile as he, along with his wife Bipasha Hayat and an entourage that includes sister-in-law Natasha Hayat Khan, father-in-law Abul Hayat and filmmaker Swapan Ahmed attended the ongoing Cannes Film Festival.
They attended the Red Carpet exhibition, the premier show of Bruno Dumont’s ‘Ma Loute’ and remained engaged in various other activities.
While early editions of the Festival were primarily a social event from which almost all of the films went away with an award, the appearance of stars from around the world on the Festival’s red carpet and increasing media coverage quickly earned it a legendary international reputation.