- Rohingya: World’s Most Persecuted Minority
- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
Tauquir-Bipasha and entourage represent BD at Canne
‘A wonderful celebration of films on our first day at Cannes’ – actor Tauquir Ahmed posted on his Facebook profile as he, along with his wife Bipasha Hayat and an entourage that includes sister-in-law Natasha Hayat Khan, father-in-law Abul Hayat and filmmaker Swapan Ahmed attended the ongoing Cannes Film Festival.
They attended the Red Carpet exhibition, the premier show of Bruno Dumont’s ‘Ma Loute’ and remained engaged in various other activities.
While early editions of the Festival were primarily a social event from which almost all of the films went away with an award, the appearance of stars from around the world on the Festival’s red carpet and increasing media coverage quickly earned it a legendary international reputation.