- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Tauquir-Bipasha and entourage represent BD at Canne
‘A wonderful celebration of films on our first day at Cannes’ – actor Tauquir Ahmed posted on his Facebook profile as he, along with his wife Bipasha Hayat and an entourage that includes sister-in-law Natasha Hayat Khan, father-in-law Abul Hayat and filmmaker Swapan Ahmed attended the ongoing Cannes Film Festival.
They attended the Red Carpet exhibition, the premier show of Bruno Dumont’s ‘Ma Loute’ and remained engaged in various other activities.
While early editions of the Festival were primarily a social event from which almost all of the films went away with an award, the appearance of stars from around the world on the Festival’s red carpet and increasing media coverage quickly earned it a legendary international reputation.