- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Tauquir-Bipasha and entourage represent BD at Canne
‘A wonderful celebration of films on our first day at Cannes’ – actor Tauquir Ahmed posted on his Facebook profile as he, along with his wife Bipasha Hayat and an entourage that includes sister-in-law Natasha Hayat Khan, father-in-law Abul Hayat and filmmaker Swapan Ahmed attended the ongoing Cannes Film Festival.
They attended the Red Carpet exhibition, the premier show of Bruno Dumont’s ‘Ma Loute’ and remained engaged in various other activities.
While early editions of the Festival were primarily a social event from which almost all of the films went away with an award, the appearance of stars from around the world on the Festival’s red carpet and increasing media coverage quickly earned it a legendary international reputation.