- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Expatriate’s wife found dead in B’baria
The wife of an expatriate was found dead at her bedroom at Bajebishara village in Nabinagar upazila on Sunday.
The victim was identified as Rina Akhter, 38, wife of Danesh Miah, an expatriate living in Kuwait.
Locals said the family members found the body of Rina, a mother of two, lying in her room in the morning and informed police.
Later, the law enforcers recovered the body that bore several injury marks and sent it to Sadar Hospital morgue for autopsy.
Sub-inspector M Golam Mostafa, in-charge of Salimganj police camp, said miscreants might have killed the woman sometime on Saturday night.