- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Public harassment of N’ganj teacher to be investigated: Nahid
Describing the punishment of a school headmaster publicly in Narayanganj for allegedly making offensive comments about religion as unfortunate, Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid on Monday said they will investigate the incident.
“I’m shocked and saddened at the incident. The Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education has already been directed to launch a probe into the incident,” he told reporters at his office.
Nahid said if any teacher commits any crime, there are certain rules and customs to punish him. “But to make the teacher to do sit-up holding his ears is very embarrassing for us,” he said.
Observing that such behaviour with a teacher is not acceptable under any circumstance, the minister urged the teacher to be strong mentally.
On Friday, locals beat Shyamal Kanti Bhakta, headmaster of Piyar Sattar Latif High School in Bandar area of Narayanganj for allegedly hurting religious sentiment.