- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
JnU bldg catches fire
A fire broke out at a building of Jagannath University (JnU) on Tuesday morning.
The fire might have originated from a cigarette butt in a pile of waste papers beside a toilet on the sixth floor of the seven-storey building around 8.00 am, said duty officer of the fire service control room Ataur Rahman.
Informed, two firefighting units rushed to the spot and doused the flame.