- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
N’ganj teacher assaulters to face action after probe: Nahid
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid on Wednesday said stern action will be taken against those involved in assaulting a primary school teacher in Narayanganj once the probe report is available.
The minister came up with the remark while talking to reporters at the secretariat in the morning.
Replying to a query, Nahid said two probe bodies, formed to investigate the sensitive issue, have been working to find out the people involved in humiliating the teacher.
Voicing his utter shock at the incident, Nahid said the incident left a black stain on the country’s people.
On May 13, local people beat Shyamal Kanti Bhakta, headmaster of Piyar Sattar Latif High School in Bandar upazila of Narayanganj district, for allegedly hurting religious sentiments.
At one stage, local MP AKM Selim Osman forced him to do sit-ups holding his ears.
The incident went viral on the social media triggering huge criticisms across the country.