- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
N’ganj teacher assaulters to face action after probe: Nahid
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid on Wednesday said stern action will be taken against those involved in assaulting a primary school teacher in Narayanganj once the probe report is available.
The minister came up with the remark while talking to reporters at the secretariat in the morning.
Replying to a query, Nahid said two probe bodies, formed to investigate the sensitive issue, have been working to find out the people involved in humiliating the teacher.
Voicing his utter shock at the incident, Nahid said the incident left a black stain on the country’s people.
On May 13, local people beat Shyamal Kanti Bhakta, headmaster of Piyar Sattar Latif High School in Bandar upazila of Narayanganj district, for allegedly hurting religious sentiments.
At one stage, local MP AKM Selim Osman forced him to do sit-ups holding his ears.
The incident went viral on the social media triggering huge criticisms across the country.