- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Insulted headmaster reinstated, with school body dissolved
In the face of huge outrage over the suspension of Narayanganj’s high school headmaster Shyamal Kanti Bhakta, who was humiliated in public on allegation of hurting religious sentiments, the government on Thursday dissolved the school’s managing committee leading to his automatic reinstatement.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid came up with the announcement at a press briefing at International Mother Language Institute in the capital in the morning.
Nahid said, “We took the decision after getting the final probe report on Wednesday night.”
The managing committee of Piyar Sattar Latif High School has been dissolved as it illegally suspended headmaster Shyamal Kanti and with this, he (the headmaster) has stayed back in the position, Nahid added.
A new managing committee has been formed with the deputy commissioner of Narayanganj district as its head to operate the school, said the education minister.
Asked whether the probe report mentioned any role of local MP Salim Osman in the incident, the minister replied everything is included in it.
“We’ll review the report further and take action accordingly,” Nahid added.
Expressing his utter shock at the incident, the minister urged all to have the due respect to the teacher community.
Nahid also thanked the country people for showing their reactions against the condemnable incident.
On May 13, locals beat Shyamal Kanti Bhakta, headmaster of Piyar Sattar Latif High School in Bandar upazila of Narayanganj bringing against him charges of hurting religious sentiments.