- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
RU teacher receives death threat
Prof Muhammad Hasan Imam of Rajshahi University (RU) received a death threat on Thursday through a letter from an unknown sender.
Prof Imam, who teaches in the Sociology Department of the university, told reporters, “I found an envelope left hanging from the handle of the door of my room at Momtazuddin Arts building around 10am. There was no name and address of the sender.”
The letter said, “Prepare yourself for seeing your sliced body, rather than the segments of the Liberation War.” Notably, Prof Imam in 2005 made a compilation of articles published in weekly Bichitra. The title of the book was ‘Muktijuddher Khandachitra’ (Segments of the Liberation War)
Contacted, Officer-in-Charge of Motihar Police Station Ashok Chouhan Jago said the teacher lodged a general diary with the police station seeking security of his life.
On May 9, Mahbub Alam Pradip, an assistant professor at the RU Public Administration Department, received a death threat over mobile phone.
It followed the April 23 killing of Professor Rezaul Karim as he waited to take the bus to the university one morning – the fourth such killing of an RU teacher in the last 12 years.