- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Students to get modern technologies for education: PM
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday said her government wants to create a greater opportunity for students to use modern technologies in their education and sharing knowledge.
"We want to create that opportunity so that the country's students can gather more and more knowledge about the whole universe," she said while distributing prizes among the winners of a competition titled 'Hunt creative talents' for 2015 and 2016.
The Ministry of Education organised the programme at Osmani Memorial Auditorium in the city with Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid in the chair.
The Prime Minister said today's children are very much lucky as they have the opportunity to see the whole world sitting at one place. "We want to provide them with more opportunities so that they can expand their minds through acquiring more and more knowledge, and contribute towards building a better beautiful society," she said.