- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
- 7, including Bangladeshi, die of suspected alcohol poisoning
- BNP leader Sohel held
DU and CERN signs agreement to promote scientific research
An agreement between the University of Dhaka (DU) and the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) was signed on Tuesday at the DU Vice-Chancellor’s Office to enhance the quality of scientific research of the university.
Treasurer of DU Prof Dr Md. Kamal Uddin and Director for Research and Computing of CERN Prof Dr Eckhard Elsen signed theagreement on behalf of their respective institutions, said a press released of DU Public Relation Office on Tuesday.
DU Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr AAMS Arefin Siddique, Dean of the Faculty of Science Prof Dr Md Abdul Aziz, Chairman of the Department of Theoretical Physics Prof. Dr M Arshad Momen, Prof Dr Golam Mohammed Bhuyan, Acting Registrar Syed Rezaur Rahman and ISOLDE spokesperson Prof Dr Maria Jose Garcia Borge were present on this occasion.
According to the Agreement, DU and CERN will work together to promote scientific research.
Dhaka University Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr AAMS Arefin Siddique thanked the CERN authorities for singing the agreement.