- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
DU and CERN signs agreement to promote scientific research
An agreement between the University of Dhaka (DU) and the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) was signed on Tuesday at the DU Vice-Chancellor’s Office to enhance the quality of scientific research of the university.
Treasurer of DU Prof Dr Md. Kamal Uddin and Director for Research and Computing of CERN Prof Dr Eckhard Elsen signed theagreement on behalf of their respective institutions, said a press released of DU Public Relation Office on Tuesday.
DU Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr AAMS Arefin Siddique, Dean of the Faculty of Science Prof Dr Md Abdul Aziz, Chairman of the Department of Theoretical Physics Prof. Dr M Arshad Momen, Prof Dr Golam Mohammed Bhuyan, Acting Registrar Syed Rezaur Rahman and ISOLDE spokesperson Prof Dr Maria Jose Garcia Borge were present on this occasion.
According to the Agreement, DU and CERN will work together to promote scientific research.
Dhaka University Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr AAMS Arefin Siddique thanked the CERN authorities for singing the agreement.