- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
DU and CERN signs agreement to promote scientific research
An agreement between the University of Dhaka (DU) and the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) was signed on Tuesday at the DU Vice-Chancellor’s Office to enhance the quality of scientific research of the university.
Treasurer of DU Prof Dr Md. Kamal Uddin and Director for Research and Computing of CERN Prof Dr Eckhard Elsen signed theagreement on behalf of their respective institutions, said a press released of DU Public Relation Office on Tuesday.
DU Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr AAMS Arefin Siddique, Dean of the Faculty of Science Prof Dr Md Abdul Aziz, Chairman of the Department of Theoretical Physics Prof. Dr M Arshad Momen, Prof Dr Golam Mohammed Bhuyan, Acting Registrar Syed Rezaur Rahman and ISOLDE spokesperson Prof Dr Maria Jose Garcia Borge were present on this occasion.
According to the Agreement, DU and CERN will work together to promote scientific research.
Dhaka University Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr AAMS Arefin Siddique thanked the CERN authorities for singing the agreement.