- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
‘20th Young Artist Art Exhibition to begin Thursday
A two-week ‘20th Young Artist Art Exhibition’ will kick off on Thursday at the auditorium of National Art Gallery of Shipakala Academy.
The announcement was made from a press conference organized by Shilpakala Academy at a seminar room on its campus in the city.
Director General of Shilpakala Academy Liaquat Ali Lucky said the exhibition will provide the young and budding artists with a great platform to expose their works to the art connoisseurs.
This year, 464 artists took part in a competition with 1020 paintings. Judges selected 227 art works of 188 artists which will be exhibited finally.
A young artist will be awarded for best work in the 'Young Artist Art Exhibition 2016'. Moreover, three awards will be given in three categories – print making, painting and sculpture.
Cultural Affairs Minister Assaduzzaman Noor will inaugurate the exhibition while Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury will be present as chief guest in the program.
The exhibition will remain open from 11am to 8 pm everyday while from 3 pm to 8 pm in the public holidays. The exhibition will be concluded on June 9.