- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
- CEC moves to heal rift with commissioners
‘20th Young Artist Art Exhibition to begin Thursday
A two-week ‘20th Young Artist Art Exhibition’ will kick off on Thursday at the auditorium of National Art Gallery of Shipakala Academy.
The announcement was made from a press conference organized by Shilpakala Academy at a seminar room on its campus in the city.
Director General of Shilpakala Academy Liaquat Ali Lucky said the exhibition will provide the young and budding artists with a great platform to expose their works to the art connoisseurs.
This year, 464 artists took part in a competition with 1020 paintings. Judges selected 227 art works of 188 artists which will be exhibited finally.
A young artist will be awarded for best work in the 'Young Artist Art Exhibition 2016'. Moreover, three awards will be given in three categories – print making, painting and sculpture.
Cultural Affairs Minister Assaduzzaman Noor will inaugurate the exhibition while Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury will be present as chief guest in the program.
The exhibition will remain open from 11am to 8 pm everyday while from 3 pm to 8 pm in the public holidays. The exhibition will be concluded on June 9.