- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Friday’s HSC exam now on June 12
Friday’s Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examination has been rescheduled for June 12 following the 5th phase of Union Parishad (UP) election slated for Saturday.
Chairman of the Dhaka Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Prof Mahbubur Rahman told UNB that the examination has been rescheduled as the Election Commission requested them to change the date of the examination following the election.
The examinations under the general education board will begin at 10am in the first shift while that of the second shift at 2pm on June 12.
Earlier, May 22’s HSC examination was shifted to May 27 following cyclone Roanu that hit the country’s coastal districts on May 21.