- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
6th BD fashion carnival begins in city
The 6th Bangladesh Fashion Carnival began at Emmanuelle’s Banquet Hall at Gulshan-1 in the city on Wednesday exhibiting branded clothing, cosmetics and fashion products.
Over 45 companies from five countries are participating in this exhibition, which will continue till May 29. Redcarpet365 Ltd is organizing the event with the theme ‘Do Your Eid Shopping with Us.’
“Our main purpose is to showcase quality products to the visitors,” said Ahmed Imtiaz, CEO of the organizing body.
He said the exhibition is targeted to Eid-ul-Fitr shopping and every year visitors come to their expo.
Fatema, Director Marketing of RedCarpet365 Ltd said imitation jewellery, Kurtis, Salwar Kameez and Sarees are doing good business these days. She also said this exhibition has encouraged local manufacturers and producers to export their goods to foreign markets, giving a big boost to the country’s export earnings.
An array of quality products are put on display in the fashion carnival. The products include Sarees, home textile, knitwear, original lawns, salwar-kameez, three-pieces, cosmetics and beauty products, kitchenware, ladies bags, footwear, Irani Melamine and other services.