- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
6th BD fashion carnival begins in city
The 6th Bangladesh Fashion Carnival began at Emmanuelle’s Banquet Hall at Gulshan-1 in the city on Wednesday exhibiting branded clothing, cosmetics and fashion products.
Over 45 companies from five countries are participating in this exhibition, which will continue till May 29. Redcarpet365 Ltd is organizing the event with the theme ‘Do Your Eid Shopping with Us.’
“Our main purpose is to showcase quality products to the visitors,” said Ahmed Imtiaz, CEO of the organizing body.
He said the exhibition is targeted to Eid-ul-Fitr shopping and every year visitors come to their expo.
Fatema, Director Marketing of RedCarpet365 Ltd said imitation jewellery, Kurtis, Salwar Kameez and Sarees are doing good business these days. She also said this exhibition has encouraged local manufacturers and producers to export their goods to foreign markets, giving a big boost to the country’s export earnings.
An array of quality products are put on display in the fashion carnival. The products include Sarees, home textile, knitwear, original lawns, salwar-kameez, three-pieces, cosmetics and beauty products, kitchenware, ladies bags, footwear, Irani Melamine and other services.