- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Safe Motherhood Day Saturday
The Safe Motherhood Day will be observed in the country on Saturday with an aim to cut down mother and child mortality rate.
The theme of this year’s day is: ‘Standard service to all new mothers is our pledge’.
Different organisatons have chalked out elaborate programmes to mark the day.
Meanwhile, President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina have issued separate messages on the occasion.
In his message, the President hoped that Bangladesh will be able to attain the Sustainable Development Goal on reducing mother and child mortality rate with the concerted and meaningful efforts at all levels.
The Prime Minister, in her message, also expressed the hope that Bangladesh will be able to achieve the MDG target on the mother and child mortality much before the deadline with the united efforts of government-non-government and development partners.