- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Safe Motherhood Day Saturday
The Safe Motherhood Day will be observed in the country on Saturday with an aim to cut down mother and child mortality rate.
The theme of this year’s day is: ‘Standard service to all new mothers is our pledge’.
Different organisatons have chalked out elaborate programmes to mark the day.
Meanwhile, President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina have issued separate messages on the occasion.
In his message, the President hoped that Bangladesh will be able to attain the Sustainable Development Goal on reducing mother and child mortality rate with the concerted and meaningful efforts at all levels.
The Prime Minister, in her message, also expressed the hope that Bangladesh will be able to achieve the MDG target on the mother and child mortality much before the deadline with the united efforts of government-non-government and development partners.