- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
Humayun Faridi’s 64th birthday being celebrated
Legendary actor Humayun Faridi’s 64th birth anniversary is being celebrated on Sunday.
A theatre stalwart, he was born on this day in 1952 at Old Dhaka’s Narinda. A graduate of economics from Jahangirnagar University, he made his television debut through the 1982 BTV drama Nil Nakshar Shandhaney.
Quickly rising the popularity ladder, he will forever be known for his immortal rendition of ‘Kan Kata Ramjan’ from the drama Shangshaptak.
His other notable works include Pathar Shomoy (1989), Dui Bhai (1990), Shiter Pakhi (1991), Kothao Keu Nei (1990), Shomudre Gangchil (1993) and Kachher Manush.
He was awarded National Film Award in 2004 for his acting in Matritva.
He breathed his last on 13 February 2012 due to chronic lungs disease.