- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Humayun Faridi’s 64th birthday being celebrated
Legendary actor Humayun Faridi’s 64th birth anniversary is being celebrated on Sunday.
A theatre stalwart, he was born on this day in 1952 at Old Dhaka’s Narinda. A graduate of economics from Jahangirnagar University, he made his television debut through the 1982 BTV drama Nil Nakshar Shandhaney.
Quickly rising the popularity ladder, he will forever be known for his immortal rendition of ‘Kan Kata Ramjan’ from the drama Shangshaptak.
His other notable works include Pathar Shomoy (1989), Dui Bhai (1990), Shiter Pakhi (1991), Kothao Keu Nei (1990), Shomudre Gangchil (1993) and Kachher Manush.
He was awarded National Film Award in 2004 for his acting in Matritva.
He breathed his last on 13 February 2012 due to chronic lungs disease.