- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Humayun Faridi’s 64th birthday being celebrated
Legendary actor Humayun Faridi’s 64th birth anniversary is being celebrated on Sunday.
A theatre stalwart, he was born on this day in 1952 at Old Dhaka’s Narinda. A graduate of economics from Jahangirnagar University, he made his television debut through the 1982 BTV drama Nil Nakshar Shandhaney.
Quickly rising the popularity ladder, he will forever be known for his immortal rendition of ‘Kan Kata Ramjan’ from the drama Shangshaptak.
His other notable works include Pathar Shomoy (1989), Dui Bhai (1990), Shiter Pakhi (1991), Kothao Keu Nei (1990), Shomudre Gangchil (1993) and Kachher Manush.
He was awarded National Film Award in 2004 for his acting in Matritva.
He breathed his last on 13 February 2012 due to chronic lungs disease.