- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Students protest schoolgirl violation in Khagrachhari
Students of different schools staged demonstrations blocking various roads in Panchhari upazila on Sunday protesting the violation of a schoolgirl.
Witnesses said nearly 800 students of Panchhari Bazar High School formed a human chain in the morning demanding exemplary punishment of the culprit who violated the Class-VI girl of the school.
Besides, students of different schools formed human chains and blocked several roads in the upazila by placing logs.
The road communications of Panchhari with other parts of the district were disrupted due to the blockade.
Later, the traffic retuned to normalcy in the afternoon after the demonstrationists withdrew the blockade.
An unknown youth violated the Marma girl at Jouthokhamar village in Panchhari upazila on Friday morning when the girl along with her younger sister went to a bamboo cluster in the village to collect bamboo saplings.
Later, the victim’s father filed a case against an unknown man with Panchhari Police Station.
Meanwhile, a team of Matiranga Police Station arrested a youth, Ibrahim Khalil alias Iqbal, son of Abdul Khaleque of Domdom area of Panchhari upazila, from Battali area of Matiranga upazila around 1:15pm on Sunday in connection with the incident.