- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
SMS-based appointment for Indian tourist visas
Indian High Commission here has introduced SMS-based appointment system and one-time password (OTP) for tourist applicants with effect from Monday.
Appointment dates for tourist visa applicants, including OTP, will be sent to the mobile phone of the applicants by SMS.
It will be mandatory for tourist visa applicants to show this SMS at the Indian visa application centre to enter and submit the application, said the High Commission on Sunday.
Applicants are advised to fill in their genuine mobile numbers while filling in their forms and applying for online appointment dates.
This will not apply to the tourist visa applicants who have already received appointment dates up to June 5.