- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
SMS-based appointment for Indian tourist visas
Indian High Commission here has introduced SMS-based appointment system and one-time password (OTP) for tourist applicants with effect from Monday.
Appointment dates for tourist visa applicants, including OTP, will be sent to the mobile phone of the applicants by SMS.
It will be mandatory for tourist visa applicants to show this SMS at the Indian visa application centre to enter and submit the application, said the High Commission on Sunday.
Applicants are advised to fill in their genuine mobile numbers while filling in their forms and applying for online appointment dates.
This will not apply to the tourist visa applicants who have already received appointment dates up to June 5.