- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
SMS-based appointment for Indian tourist visas
Indian High Commission here has introduced SMS-based appointment system and one-time password (OTP) for tourist applicants with effect from Monday.
Appointment dates for tourist visa applicants, including OTP, will be sent to the mobile phone of the applicants by SMS.
It will be mandatory for tourist visa applicants to show this SMS at the Indian visa application centre to enter and submit the application, said the High Commission on Sunday.
Applicants are advised to fill in their genuine mobile numbers while filling in their forms and applying for online appointment dates.
This will not apply to the tourist visa applicants who have already received appointment dates up to June 5.