- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Holidaying in India; Eid visa camp on Jun 4-16
Good news for Eid holidaymakers! Indian High Commission in Dhaka will host an Eid visa camp on June 4-16 for Bangladesh nationals considering the upcoming Eid holidays.
This camp is being organised for the first time as a special measure for Bangladesh nationals who wish to travel to India during the upcoming Eid holidays.
The camp is open only for Bangladesh nationals presently residing in the Dhaka, Khulna, Barisal and Mymensingh divisions, said the High Commission on Sunday.
Visa applicants can submit their tourist visa applications on a walk-in basis without a prior appointment date/e-Token at the EID visa camp.
Applicants with appointment dates must submit their visa applications at any of the Indian visa application centers in Gulshan, Dhanmondi, Uttara and Motijheel in Dhaka and Barisal, Mymensingh and Khulna outside Dhaka.
Medical, business and other visa categories will continue to be accepted in the respective IVAC Centers.
The EID visa camp will be held at the New Chancery Complex, High Commission of India, in Baridhara and will remain open from 8am to 2pm from June 4-16, except Friday.